[TYPO3-english] Issue with XCLASSing

Alex Nostadt ano at tro.net
Mon Feb 16 14:40:58 CET 2015

Hello community,

based on the XCLASS tutorial I was able to XCLASS the first Controller - the NewRecordController.
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/ApiOverview/Xclasses/Index.html

I then decided to give it an other try. I now want to change the content of "per page" in german "pro Seite" by changing the last item from 100 to 120. In order to verify I am XCLASSing the correct class I first did the change in the sysext.

After that I created a new extension that has to extend the sysext indexed_search. In the extension root I created, next to the files and dirs created by ExtBuilder, the dir "Classes" and created a new file called "SearchFormController" as this is the Class I want to override partly.

In the just created file I wrote the class with function initialize().

I also created in ext. root the file ext_localconf.php with corresponding code.

For details what's in corresponding files see this: http://www.codeshare.io/Xqr2Q

Of course I queried google and reread my code multiply times. Further I added the "NewRecordController" from my first extension to the new one in order to verify it is not a missconfiguration in my new extension. Well, the NewRecordController is working in both extensions.

Is there anything missing or a typo I don't see? One of my thoughts is that systexts cannot be XCLASSed or SearchFormController has been XCLASSed already but I don't know how to figure out wether this class has been XCLASSed yet without looking in all (sys)extensions.

In case you need further information don't hesitate to tell me.

I am happy about any hint or possible solution.

Best regards,

Alex Nostadt