[TYPO3-english] Re: [TYPO3 6.2] Automaticaly extract metadata from images

Greg Greg jeugregg at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:31:18 CET 2015

Hi,
on TYPO3 6.2.5, I would like to have the title and description/caption under my picture on my news.

 I have installed extensions svmetaextract and extractor.
svmetaextract  : have some libraries to extract metadata from pictures.
but it extractor which insert data from images info the FAL database sys_file_metadata.
After that, the process is not automatic.
I  have activated in Scheduler the service :"File Abstraction Layer: Extract metadata in storage" and run it the first time.
I have raise the "Number of files per run" to 600.
But, the title was not ok.
Because I don't use the same field of metadata than the default field in extractor.
So, I have change the mapping in the file /typo3conf/ext/extractor/Configuration/Services/tx_svmetaextract_sv1/image_iptc.json
Changed by :
		"FAL":  "title",
		"DATA": "fields|meta|IPTC|object_name"

After that, some pictures unprocessed yet are ok with the good "title".
But the first ones are still not ok.

My question is :  how to reset the metadata in the FAL (MySql table sys_file_metadata) and make the service "File Abstraction Layer: Extract metadata in storage" rescan all files ?

I want to add that I have tried to empty the MySQL table sys_file_metadata after export it (a backup). But the service don't do anything after.
I have had to import the backup table.