[TYPO3-english] typo3temp folder under NFS

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Mon Feb 2 10:59:40 CET 2015

I don't have a ready-made solution, I mentioned all steps I took in my last
post. You should really be looking at places where files are frequently being
written and rewritten. Problems could occur when 2 processes/servers are writing
the same files simultaneously. So the Cache-directory is mostly suspect, but you
may have extensions that do a lot of writing in typo3temp?

Have you tried changing the locking mechanism to flock or semaphore?

Check your server logs for file system related errors or warnings (files that
don't exist or cannot be written). They might point you in the right direction.

Redis, Memcached or other solutions provide other ways to deal with cache files,
so they may circumvent the NFS issues, but I didn't use them here.

Hth,
Loek