[TYPO3-english] Newbie on Typo3 & need some help.

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Feb 2 09:12:12 CET 2015

Am 30.01.15 um 16:01 schrieb Kamlesh Patel:
> Hi Wilke,
>
> Thanks for your previous help. Now I am again facing some problem with
> typo3 cms.
>
> 1) How we can display a particular content element data in frontend.
> e.g. I have created dynamic content elements using DCE extension than
> How can i use that particular field on my template (How can i render on
> specific area of website or How can I theme that field.)

I don't know if I get you right [1]
each level may have it's own templating:
* there is templating on page-level: in typoscript and in HTML
(Marker/Fluid)
* there is templating on CE level: in typoscript by definitions of
CE-rendering or plugin-configuration and also (normaly only for plugins)
HTML templates.

DCE is a kind of plugin just to display one single record. How to
configure the DCE rendering of one record should be described in the
manual to DCE (I don't use DCE and can't tell you details of DCE)

> 2) I can list the content using Insert records but How we display
> limited data e.g. short description of body text, thumbnail image or
> other required fields.

try to understand the datastructure of TYPO3 (hierarchical records) and
of extensions you may use. Then get a good DB architecture concept and
the needed configuration should be clear.

> 3) I am facing problem with configure Flex slider Extension. And How we
> can integrate custome slider with content images.

either use an extension or use your own javascript to use an additional
JS-library to modify the generated HTML into a slider.

[1] please be more specific with your questions.
you also may open a new thread for each single problem with a
descriptive title.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html