[TYPO3-english] Update 4.5 to 6.2

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Dec 14 21:01:33 CET 2015

Hi,

On 14/12/2015 11:29, Gert Rosslee wrote:
> Need someone that can help to update Typo3. Don't know hoe and provider
> has updated PHP so now cant access back-end?

The nicest solution would be that your hosting provider would roll back
the PHP update at least temporarily until you have finished the upgrade.
I guess that won't happen.

I assume that you have access to the files with SSH/(S)FTP. If that is
not the case, ask your provider for that.

You can still use the normal upgrade guide [1] and skip anything you
can't do because the 4.5 backend doesn't work. Instead say a little
prayer that most of your extensions were already compatible with 6.2 and
that the reference index was already up-to-date.

The 6.2 Install Tool luckily has an option to test if installed
extension will cause fatal errors in the backend and it gives you the
opportunity to de-activate them.

Make really sure you have backups of the entire installation (both all
the files and all database tables) so you can restore everything and try
again (or hire someone to do the upgrade).

[1] https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/InstallationGuide/UpgradeLTS/Index.html

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor