[TYPO3-english] Cleanup of reference index is not working

André Spindler typo3 at andre-spindler.de
Mon Dec 7 14:41:58 CET 2015

Hello guys!

How is the cleanup of the reference index working? The use case:
In sys_refindex there is entry having ref_table=sys_file_reference and
ref_uid=11771. But this record does not exist any more. Table
sys_file_reference has no enablefield for "deleted", so the record is
simply gone.
This is a bug related to workspaces, but that is not the problem I ask
about.

But the problem should be removed when doing a cleanup of ther refence
index. So expect the cleanup process to remove entries from the
reference index being related to records that do not exist any more.
but that is not the case here: The entry remains in the reference index.
Do I have a wrong understanding of the reference index and the cleanup
function here or is this a bug? TYPO3 is 6.2.14 here.

Regards,
André Spindler