[TYPO3-english] SOLVED - Old 4.3.6 site. Blank modules

mario chiari ml at mariochiari.net
Fri Aug 28 15:55:24 CEST 2015

Hi

I just discovered than a number of index.php - on the remote server -
are empty. For each, there is a file index.php_<date> which is indeed a
backup file, I can use to restore.

I do not know who arranged things so, whether it is some kind of
security by the provider, or some hacking. (Do you use to do so for
some reason?)

Anyway, BE is back to work.
Thanks Cheers

mario

Dear All

I have been asked to save a old 4.3.6 TYPO3 site on a remote server.
I can access mySQL database, and TYPO3 folders by ftp (not ssh access).
FE is fine.
BE misbehaves: somethig works perfectly (insert/update page and content
records, News is installed and works fine), something just opens blank
pages.

I have blank pages for:
- Web
-- View
-- Info
-- Access
-- Functions
-- Template (this is annoying, since I would like to check it)
- User tools (all)
- Admin tools
-- Ext manager (this is annoying too)
-- DB check
-- Configuration

I do receive the following error msg:

Core: Error handler (BE): PHP Warning: Illegal string offset
'configureModuleFunction' in
/home/content/27/8320827/html/vhosts/giuseppechiari/t3lib/class.t3lib_l
oadmodules.php
 line 392,

but I am not sure whether it is the culprit and in the case how to fix
 it.

Could it be a conflict with php:
OTHER: TYPO3_VERSION: 4.3.2
OTHER: PHP_VERSION  : 5.4.19 ?

I tried without success
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['displayErrors']    = '0', and '2' too
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['errorHandlerErrors']     = 22519;
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['syslogErrorReporting']   = 22519;
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['belogErrorReporting']    = 22519;

I updated a few files to avoid E_STRICT.

I appreciate any hint as to make everything back to normal.

Thanks
Cheers
mario