[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: trouble with Sphinx manual, kickstart has disappeared

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Aug 27 15:59:42 CEST 2015

>Struggling with Sphinx extension and the syntax it managed to get me
>grumpier and grumpier, so don't take it personal.
>Why not just write HTML if you want it to be rendered as HTML..

Seriously? :)

Please just give a look at the numerous advantages:
https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/ExtensionArchitecture/Documentation/Index.html

What I see as best are:

- Stable cross-links to any other manual
- Pure text thus usable with Git / SVN and thus straightforward to track changes
- Both HTML and PDF output (have a look at the - small - PDF link in the top bar of https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/sphinx/ )

I'm pretty sure you'll get it very quickly and wonder why you did not switch before :D

Kind regards
Xavier