[TYPO3-english] Re: trouble with Sphinx manual, kickstart has disappeared

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Aug 27 14:21:42 CEST 2015

Hi Muriel,

> I'm trying to convert OpenOffice manuals (still don't understand what's
> wrong doing it the good old way..) to Sphinx.

It's getting trickier and trickier to get it properly converted since it
needs to be converted for rendering as HTML and well... as you say it's
"old", even if "good" (for you).

> If I click on the Sphinx dashboard > Convert, I get to see a hole bunch
> of extensions that need to be converted (so far so good). But if I then
> click on a the action 'Convert OpenOffice manual to Sphinx' nothing
> happens (that is to see I get to see a blank page (similar to a php
> fatal error, only the weird thing is that php_value "display_errors" has
> been set to "1").

Sorry, cannot help, did just yet another test right now while answering,
and could not reproduce in 6.2. You'll have to debug it yourself I fear.

> So if I can't convert them I need to create a new manual, only the weird
> thing is that the 'Kickstart' tab is missing. Has this feature been

The "kickstart" tab is only shown if at least one extension is found
without any manual as you can only kickstart a manual for an extension
having no manuals. If you want a custom project, use the first tab, if
you want to convert an existing manual, use the (last) tab. If you want
to kickstart a manual anyway, even if an existing manual exists, well,
quickest option is certainly to (temporarily) remove the existing manual.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team