[TYPO3-english] Wizard file picker

Dylan Jones dwj at llgc.org.uk
Tue Aug 11 15:04:52 CEST 2015

Hi, I'm currently migrating Typo3 to 6.2 from 4.5. We've created custom extensions for our editors to enter data using flexforms, one of these extensions lets the editors pick a Word document using the Wizard which gets passed through to the frontend for users to download.

In the past the wizard would populate the backend fields so;

fileadmin/documents/word/report.pdf - - Report 2015

I use this path to create the link for download on the frontend.

But in 6.2 it populates with the following;

file:165 - - Report 2015

How do you translate file:165 to a downloadable link in the frontend on 6.2?

Thanks in advance,
Dylan