[TYPO3-english] Looking for Tutorial for own compatibility extension

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Apr 30 08:36:56 CEST 2015

Am 29.04.15 um 17:24 schrieb anybody:
> I know the problems of that extension. So I am looking for a more light
> weight solution.
>
> For the time till autumn I have to look that all extensions get updated
> - I hope that there will be not too many problems so that I need perhaps
> one or two functions / classes or a new extension (like the oldtimers
> forcerealurl or kb_customhead - but I did not test it till now, perhaps
> it works or not). There is the problem that the LTS system does not
> encourage the developers of extensions to develop quickly (some
> extensions are just now arriving at v6.2).

it's not the LTS which encourage or force. the users force (and/or help)
an extension author to update.
it's a chicken-or-egg problem:
the users wait for the extensions updates,
the extension-author waits for the users update request

> But really problems I have with the removal of "config.xhtml_cleaning".
> I have some pages with extensive usage of namespaces and RDFa (since one
> year in XHTML5 before in XHTML+RDFa), but without rendering correction
> Typo3 does not even render a correct link tag for the CSS links (only
> single tags without ending slashes). I think the most browsers would
> render it also as HTML5, but this would not more be clean code, but the
> resurrection of primeval HTML usage which is today not more accepted.

AFAIK xhtml_cleaning has bugs by concept from the begining.
after a bugreport lately it was considered to be to complex to really
fix to the original purpose it was set deprecated.
you may get the code and insert it into an own extension, but you might
have a lot of work if you want to give it the full functionality the
name promises: cleaning html into xhtml without loss of data

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html