[TYPO3-english] Re: Looking for Tutorial for own compatibility extension

anybody christian-alexander.caroli at web.de
Wed Apr 29 17:24:47 CEST 2015

I know the problems of that extension. So I am looking for a more light weight solution.

For the time till autumn I have to look that all extensions get updated - I hope that there will be not too many problems so that I need perhaps one or two functions / classes or a new extension (like the oldtimers forcerealurl or kb_customhead - but I did not test it till now, perhaps it works or not). There is the problem that the LTS system does not encourage the developers of extensions to develop quickly (some extensions are just now arriving at v6.2).
But really problems I have with the removal of "config.xhtml_cleaning". I have some pages with extensive usage of namespaces and RDFa (since one year in XHTML5 before in XHTML+RDFa), but without rendering correction Typo3 does not even render a correct link tag for the CSS links (only single tags without ending slashes). I think the most browsers would render it also as HTML5, but this would not more be clean code, but the resurrection of primeval HTML usage which is today not more accepted.