[TYPO3-english] Looking for Tutorial for own compatibility extension

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Apr 29 08:18:00 CEST 2015

Am 28.04.15 um 18:16 schrieb anybody:
> At the moment the extension compatibility6 is an important feature, but
> with the time I do not need all the functions, but I expect that I need
> one or two functions for longer time (e.g. some deprecated config
> features).

normaly you will not need compatibility6 at all as TYPO3 7.x has all to
build up a complete site.
even extensions will not need it if they are prepared to use the current
API.

> Is there any tutorial for making an extension by a clean way which
> contains just some selected features from compatibility6?
> [I am not a programmer - I understand PHP only a little bit]

why would you like to use outdated features just on the penalty to slow
your site? as using just one feature of compatibility6 would mean you
have to install the complete paket which interferes in a lot of places.

what features do you have in mind at all?
I think you just need some hints to get the right replacements/ new methods.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html