[TYPO3-english] Environment Setup Issue

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Apr 27 09:32:32 CEST 2015

Am 27.04.15 um 08:41 schrieb krijesh pv:
> Hi All,
>
>     Please help  me to set up an existing typo3 website(CentOS)  in my
> local windows environment.

do you want to clone an existing TYPO3 website which is running on
CentOS onto your Windows?
as windows has a caseinsensitive filesystem this might get problematic.
I would suggest to use a virtual machine with the same OS as the
original, idealy the same configuration.

>     I have typo3conf folder which has lot of extensions even custom
> extensions and complete database dump.
>
>   Is this enough to set up the website ? Shall i get all the front end
> configuration ?

a TYPO3 website consists of extensions and configuration found below
typo3conf/ and database, but mostly also files from fileadmin/ (and
uploads/) are used.
you only can neglect files from typo3temp/ as these will be rebuild.

depending on strange configuration other files could be neccessary.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html