[TYPO3-english] Categories list from sys_categories

Matt Clough matt at lubs.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Apr 24 16:44:27 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I have created a simple staff profile system, where each member of staff can be categorized using the built in system categories using makeCategorizable()

Extract from model:
class Profile extends \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\DomainObject\AbstractEntity {
	/**
	 * Categories
	 *
	 * @var \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Persistence\ObjectStorage<\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\Category>
     * @lazy
	 */
	protected $categories = NULL;

	/**
	 * Returns the categories
	 *
	 * @return \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\Category $categories
	 */
	public function getCategories() {
		return $this->categories;
	}
}

I don't have a separate model/repository for categories. The above seems to work fine.

What I would like to be able to do is create a menu of categories, but only show the categories used by the profiles and not categories with no associated profiles.

Is this possible, how could  I do this?

Thanks

Matt