[TYPO3-english] Config backend layout with custom database tables

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Tue Apr 21 08:02:05 CEST 2015

Hi,

there are a few things I don't understand. So you create a page and data
is stored into tt_content by itself? Or you mean you create content on
the page and the content goes to tt_content (which is the usual thing).

About that custom table, you want to insert a row when student page is
created? Like a log? That can be done via TCEmain hook (just google it).

Or maybe, you want your content to be created in the new table rather
than tt_content? Well, that's not possible. I could imagine you would be
creating content in a special column for that (colPos) and then instead
of table, you'd have a view which would select only content from this
column.

Regards

Jan