[TYPO3-english] Config backend layout with custom database tables

l lin lin.lag at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 23:04:53 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I am trying to configure a backend layout input forms to be feed by the data from a custom database table, but I can't find a way to do so.

Scenario:

I have a backend layout 'student-with-menu' contains a 'content-main' input form. Everytime, I create a new page based on 'student-with-menu' backend layout, the data in 'content-main' is stored in the database table 'tt-content'. However, I have a separate database table 'tx_netvlsldb_students' was designed to store the data when everytime a new student page gets created. I am unable to find out where I should make changes in Typo3 to make this happen.

Would you point to me in the right direction to solve the problem? I'll be very appreciated.

P.S.

I identified that backend layout configuration is stored in 'backend_layout' table. After read the document, it looks like I should make configuration changes in 'TSConfig'. Would be there some examples I could have a look?

Many thanks.