[TYPO3-english] jQuery Validation of Standard Mail Form

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 18 02:24:41 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,
I am creating a simple mailform (along with wt_calculating_captcha):
Your Name: | *Owner=input,40
Email (this will be your username): | *Email=input,40 |  | EMAILDesired Password: | *pass=password,40
Show Password: | *chk=check
Answer the math question below: | *wt_calculating_captcha=input,10 | wt_calculating_captcha_redirect=hidden | index.php?id=543
 | formtype_mail=submit | Submit | html_enabled=hidden | 1 | subject=hidden | New Message

... and as you can see, I want to be able to have the user click the "Show Password" checkbox to see their password. Upon, clicking, it triggers a jQuery snippet similar to http://jsfiddle.net/herdiansc/dnznh/8/light/
However, even though I know the code works (tested outside TYPO3), nothing happens when I click the checkbox. I have tried inserting the jQuery code both as an HTML content element before the mailform content element, and as headerData.
Can anybody recommend a solution to get this, or any other validation code beyond the default "isblank" check that comes with mailform? In this case, I would also be fine with 2 password fields and validation to make sure pass1 = pass2.
Thanks,-Scott.