[TYPO3-english] Extension blog_example

Slavo Fabian slavo.fabian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:52:47 CEST 2015

I am trying Extension blog_example  from documentation about extbase and fluid. I have installed blog_example, but it doesnot function.

"
Again open the Extension Manager and open the submodule Import extensions this time. Click Retrieve/Update to download the current list of available Extensions. Now you can search for the Extension blog_example. With a click on the red arrow next to the result, you will start to download the Extension to your TYPO3 instance. After that you can click Install extension right away, to have it installed.
"

After switching to development mode I have received :

Fatal error: Access level to Tx_BlogExample_Controller_AbstractController::addFlashMessage() must be public (as in class TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController) in /var/www/html/typo3conf/ext/blog_example/Classes/Controller/AbstractController.php on line 29