[TYPO3-english] Rename Tabs of Page Properties

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Sep 30 09:42:38 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 30-9-2014 6:52, Scotty C wrote:
> I have a client who has become so amazed by TYPO3's endless
> customizations that they even want to customize the tab names. So, my
> question is, is it possible to change the name of the tabs in Page
> Properties? In particular, they want to hide everything in the
> "Access" tab except the date picker and then rename the tab to
> "Schedule". They also want to change "Resources" to "Background".

First of all I doubt that it is smart to rename things mainly because
the backend won't resemble the situation in tutorials anymore. Also, if
you ask for help for an item on the "Background" tab nobody will
recognize that.

But to answer your questions:

- changing labels in TYPO3 CMS:

This is all explained in an article by Xavier Perseguers [1]. While it
mentions "Translation Files", this also applies to the default, English
labels.

- hiding fields

In TSconfig you can disable fields in the forms [2]. If you're not sure
about the name of a field you can found out in the HTML of the backend
interface.
If you disable all fields in a tab the tab will automatically be hidden.

[1]
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3/articles/managing-localization-files.html#c962
[2]
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TSconfigReference/PageTsconfig/TCEform/Index.html#tceform-confobj