[TYPO3-english] Order of extensions get changed in PackageStates.php

Armin Ruediger Vieweg armin at v.ieweg.de
Mon Sep 29 15:32:42 CEST 2014

Hi,
I have a strange behaviour of the PackageStates.php which contains the installed extensions and their order.

The DCE extension requires that DBAL is loaded before, if DBAL is installed. Otherwise DCE will throw an exception. I realized this behaviour just because of this exception.

First the PackageStates is perfect. It starts with extensions like core, felogin, ..., dbal, ..., dce.

When I clear the system cache and the general cache in backend, I get the exception from DCE in frontend, now. When I check the PackageStates and compare it with original one, I see that the order of extensions has changed massive.

Custom and third party extensions are now the first extensions in PackageStates.php, including DCE. And extensions like core or dbal appear later.

We have the server twice. A development machine and a test machine. On development everything works fine. This error appears just on the test machine (after clearing caches). First I thought that TYPO3 has no write rights for PackagesStates on dev, but this was not true. It has.

I have no clue where to start to investigate further to figure out why the order of installed extensions changes.

Thanks for any hint!