[TYPO3-english] installation typo62

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Sep 25 09:56:03 CEST 2014

Hi Philippe,

> not at all, i was not able to begin to to install the CMS and my first
> reaction was to think i had not the set of files the good package and it
> was the reason i have this msg.
> First time i try to install a typo3 cms, i'm not a beginner with the CMS
> but very beginner with TYPO3 dans the links were very cousing between
> the links for sources, for package etc ...i red the documentation but
> they were very short on this early aspect of the installation.

There is really next to nothing to do nowadays.

1) Grab latest stable version, e.g. from http://typo3.org/download/ or
from http://get.typo3.org/ (.tar.gz)

2) Go to your webroot, unpack as typo3_src (or create a symlink to the
actual version named "typo3_src", create a symlink for typo3_src/index.php

3) Go to your website and follow the instructions

Maybe you miss some file because of an incomplete archive? You may
double-check the checksum.

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member