[TYPO3-english] Re: An error occurred while trying to call Tx_Yag_Controller_GalleryController_createAction()

Paul Warner paulwwarner at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 14:39:40 CEST 2014

Ok, I found the intended way to get something going with yag: open the page in the BE in list view, then click the add an item button.  yag gallery, album, etc. are on the list.  Add gallery, and then configure.  Then an album can be added, images uploaded.  All goes well, no error messages.

Be careful, you have to set the yag template for the page in order to display anything.  Select your yag page with Template selected on the left, then choose to create an extension template for your page.  Then click the Includes tab, and from Available Items on the right, scroll down and select yag, so it goes over to the left list box, Selected Items.  Save. Then something will appear in your page in the FE that is related to yag.

Now, however, I cannot get the newly created gallery and albums to display, because under Page, clicking on the pencil icon on the left, then looking at the Source tab, there is no chance to select a gallery!  The Page list is empty and the Gallery list says 'No Selection'.  What do I do with that?  I can't find anything helpful when I search through the yag documentation or when I do a google search.

If anyone can help me here, please!  I have no more time to lose...