[TYPO3-english] TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd slows down BE response time

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Sep 19 08:35:59 CEST 2014

We use TYPO3 CMS 6.1.10

having some news and having some pages which are referenced in other
pages I configured in some pages the clearing of other dependend pages with
	TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = 1,2,3,...
Now it seems that working in these original pages (e.g. the
news-sysfolder) slows down to response times to more than a minute after
saving a record.

We have about 14000 pages and the complete FE cache is cleared multiple
times a day as we work offline. So the performance of BE is more
important than FE.
How can I speed up the BE?

another effect:
for a new area where we will work with news I configured some overview
pages (show category filtered records) as uncached to avoid having a
long clearcache list (and long response times). But doing so the FE
sometimes only shows: "there are no records in this area". Clearing
FE-cache results in the showing of all records again.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html