[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2: News and catmenu: showing only a subset of cats

Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions] hiddink at bendoo.nl
Thu Sep 18 18:27:25 CEST 2014

Hello,

When displaying the catmenu from NEWS (tx_news), it seems that when
having main- and subcategories, I can not display a SELECTION of the
subcategories, that is, I have:

AAAAA-maincat
---aaaa-subcat
---bbbb-subcat
---cccc-subcat

BBBBB-maincat
---dddd-subcat
---eeee-subcat
---ffff-subcat
---gggg-subcat

...and I want only...
BBBBB-maincat
---eeee-subcat
---ffff-subcat
...to be displayed.

Therefore, I only check "BBBBB-maincat, eeee-subcat, ffff-subcat" and
uncheck the others.

However, this display the BBBBB-cat and ALL the subcats, there seems no
way to only show a selection of the subcats of BBBBB.

Hope you get my point...Do I miss something?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Bert