[TYPO3-english] Backend user not not allowed to upload files.

Sergio Catalá scatala.enet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:02:12 CEST 2014

Hello list,
After upgrading my site from 4.5 to 6.2, everything went fine for me,
except an issue about backend users permissions: they are not allowed to
upload pictures to fileadmin. When they tried to upload an image inside
a tt_content element, they receive the next error:

"You are not allowed to upload files! Upload of file "xxx" failed!

I've checked the File Storage. It is online and it is the default
storage. It is local and points to "./fileadmin". And admin user is able
to upload files to that folder.

I've checked the backend group as well: all related File tables are
checked (File, File collection, File Metadata, File Reference and File
Storage) to be listed and modified. Under "Fileoperation permissions"
section, and "Files" block, all operations are allowed, including
"Files: Upload".

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Sergio