[TYPO3-english] Migration 4.7 to 6.2 - replacements for deprecated static methods

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Sep 10 10:28:37 CEST 2014

Hi Jennifer,

> However, for the entry
> "Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::createAutoloadRegistryForExtension",
> which occurs one time in my installation, they only say that the method
> is deprecated, not how to replace it. I've googled and found no answer.
>
> So, does anyone have an idea how to replace the deprecated static call
> Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::createAutoloadRegistryForExtension?

This method was used to automatically create ext_autoload.php.

If you really need this file because you do not stick to class
organization convention (yourExt/Classes/.../) or are using 3rd-party
libraries, you may either:

1) Manually update ext_autoload.php whenever you need to register a new
class. This is what I do since it is very efficient in case you don't
have "many new entries" to add

2) Use EXT:extdeveval to generate this file for you

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member