[TYPO3-english] Apache Password Protection and RealURL

Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions] hiddink at bendoo.nl
Sun Sep 7 11:51:30 CEST 2014

Hello,

Found the solution to the problem from this article:
http://blog.servint.net/2014/01/31/rewrite-rule-conflicts-protecting-sub-directories-using-htaccess/

Adding the line
ErrorDocument 401 default
...just before "RewriteEngine"
resolved the problem. The solution is explained in the article above.

Cheeers and regards,
Bert

# Enable URL rewriting
ErrorDocument 401 default