[TYPO3-english] Remove extension manually (Typo3 6.2)

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Sep 5 15:21:19 CEST 2014

Hi Anja,

> this is the ext_emconf.php of yag extension 3.2.7, that Joel uses.
> Nothing wrong with it. So what do you mean? I think I don't get your point.

Was not speaking about this particular case because I did not pay
attention to the faulty extension.

What I mean is following. If you try to install extension X which has
dependency with TYPO3 < currently used, you get a warning, I find it
perfect! If you try to install extension Y which has NO dependencies,
you get no warning at all. Since every extension is now supposed to have
dependencies set (and it's a good practice for in house extensions as
well), I would suggest to throw a warning as well in that case.

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!