[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: Re: Re: Can't login to Install Tool, want to upgrade from 4.5.5 to 6.2

Rikard Svenningsen rs at danship.dk
Thu Sep 4 13:52:11 CEST 2014

Hi Again
I have discovered what the issue was...
I have the feeling that I should have known, but I didn't  see i come.
The plan was to move from an old hosting system to a new hosting system and then upgrade to latest version 6.2.4
To do that without interrupting the daily ues of our web system I made an entry in my local host file in Windows 7.
do a ping and check the IP was right. great no problem....
But there was, for some unknown reason when used in my browser, it went on to the old system, I didn't see that, if I have done some network sniffing I would have discovered it.

I am very sorry to have taking all that time and support time.
But now it works. I can login to the Install tool.
Best Regards
Rikard Svenningsen.