[TYPO3-english] Re: Cannot activate extension in extension manager

Martin Braun martinbraun at gmx.net
Tue Sep 2 15:41:50 CEST 2014

Hello Michael,

thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately I think there must
be something else that is going wrong here.

> Make sure, typo3temp directory and all sub-directories are read/writable
> by the web server user (e.g. www-data) as well as typo3conf directory
> and all sub-directories.

[...]
drwxrwxr-x  4 www-data www-data    4096 Aug 29 23:15 typo3conf
drwxrwxr-x 16 www-data www-data   20480 Sep  2 15:13 typo3temp
[...]

> > Is there any way to debug this problem any further? no error messages
> > are displayed
>
> Anything in the Apache log files? Anything in TYPO3 Logs (sys_log)?

I've checked  /var/log/apache2/error.log and sys_log - everything seems ok.