[TYPO3-english] print_r worries

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Tue Sep 2 11:16:24 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 09/02/2014 09:31 AM, Stefano Kowalke wrote:

> do you use PHPStorm as editor?

Since '97 I solely use Linux and as editor vim.

I tried Eclipse and Netbeans but all those UIs seem to bloated for me
and change constantly. You always have to adopt to a changed interface.

Tried the "xdebug_var_dump()" which comes with xdebug but this yields
the same problems. I will give the DebuggerUtility::var_dump() a try.

there is an xdebug interface for vim but I am not very used to it. This
could result in a discussion: I think debugging and just doing some
print_r's while developing are two different things. Altough I try to
use Test-Driven-Development in recent projects in comes out that this
approach is quite complicated when extending some existing code. At
least harder than for developing something new.

greetings,
Bernhard