[TYPO3-english] Re: yet another gallery (yag) upgrade problems

Paul Warner paulwwarner at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 23:45:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

Yag 1.5 works for me in the typo3 4.5.34 installation.  Then I upgraded to 4.7, and upgraded yag and my other extensions.  Yag went to version 3.2.7.  I had to create a yag system folder under my gallery page, and I updated the database, which moved the images into the sysfolder. This looks similar to the pictures and instructions on http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/yag/2.5.3/manual.html#__RefHeading__9838_657243085

When I click on the 'Gallery' page, a message appears 'This page is not marked as a YAG folder.'  However, it is not a folder, but a page.  And I just created a sysfolder underneath this page to hold the images.  So I am confused.  When I click on the sysfolder, i.e. yag storage folder, then I get the same error message I got before I hacked the code in /ext/yag/Classes/Domain/ImageProcessing/Typo3Processor.php:

"#1393382624: The result image of the image processing was not moved from the creation path ... to the expected target path ..."

And in the frontend, I get no images listed, I get only the link 'Container' that goes nowhere...

I thought if I step through it carefully in this upgrade, where it broke before, I could find the problem and fix it.  However, it seems to be broken exactly as it was before.  :-(

And the same hack brings the backend back, including images and all functionality.  But with the sysfolder, and not the Gallery page above it.

Any ideas?  I would be very grateful for any hints or ideas...

Best regards,
Paul