[TYPO3-english] Multi Domain import loses menu

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Sep 1 08:41:12 CEST 2014

Am 30.08.14 07:26, schrieb Paul Warner:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Thanks very much for your reply!
>
>> if you have two websites in one installation you need two (sub)domains.
>> for each website-sub-tree there need to be a domain-record in the
>> root-page of that website. also there need to be templates and the
>> marking of these rootpages.
>
> I believe I followed all these steps very carefully when doing the multi
> domain setup.  I also installed the second website's extensions first,
> before importing.  I set up a basic page that I could view with the
> second domain, then did the import.

that shows you have a working configuration before the import.
now you should know what has changed on the import.
As a full configuration can change a lot you may have a long search.

> What I have not done is check the global settings or settings for
> extensions you referred to.  Can you give me a tip on how to find these?

the mentioned records and fields are part of core. no extensions needed.
as you wrote you could access a dummy site with the second domain the
base configuration (apache, htaccess, realurl-config if needed, ...)
should be correct - if you also could access the first domain. if you
*only* could access the second domain the configuration was not correct.

if your import broke the correct working installation you need to look
for the changes the import did: did the import change some of the
records/fields I mentioned? did the imported typoscript break configuration?

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html