[TYPO3-english] htmlarea settings for textstyle affects blockstyles

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 20:09:59 CET 2014

I have been spending several hours today configuring the htmlarea RTE.

I have figured out to get it working like I want but the configurations seems very inconsistent. My main struggle is to get a clear and consistent configurations of 'blockstyle' and 'textstyle'. The configuration for each one seem to affect the other in ways that are beyond me :-)

Here is an example:

I have set:
RTE.default.buttons.textstyle.showTagFreeClasses = 0

And the result for the blockstyle is:
http://i.imgur.com/XYYSR1D.png

Now when I change the setting to:
RTE.default.buttons.textstyle.showTagFreeClasses = 1

(Remember that I have not changed any configuration for blockstyle.) The result for the blockstyle is:

the result for the blockstyle is:
http://i.imgur.com/K0GbHEp.png

Now why does the configuration of 'textstyle' affect the options for 'blockstyle'?

It seems that I have to configure one with tag specific classes i the style sheet and the other with typoscript. I can not configure both in one of the places?