[TYPO3-english] Auto image re-sizing to multiple sizes

Dean Shaw deans at sven.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 17:00:46 CET 2014

1. Using Typo3 (with or without a plugin) is it possible to upload one large image (e.g. 6000x4000px) to our Image Library (gallery) and it to be automatically saved and available to download in two sizes (e.g. the original 6000x4000px and a smaller 3000x2000px)?

2. If 1 is possible, would it be possible to add some rules, for example, if the original image is smaller than a certain size (e.g. 3000x2000px) that the small image is not resized. So both large and small sized images will be 3000x2000px (or whatever the size of the original was).

3. If the above is not possible using Typo3, can it be done in any other way?

Background
We are having our website redesigned using Typo3 for the CMS. The automatic image re-sizing and management of the thousands of images in our Image Library was a very important part of the design brief. The web design company initially said this was not a problem, now a couple of months into the project they are saying it is not possible. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.