[TYPO3-english] FLUID and News: using global variables in widget of fe. News

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Oct 27 16:44:01 CET 2014

Am 27.10.14 16:25, schrieb Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions]:
> Hello,
>

> I am using TYPO3 6.2.x and News, there is a widget for pagination,
> something like this:

> {namespace n=Tx_News_ViewHelpers}
>
> <f:if condition="{configuration.insertAbove}">
>      <f:render section="paginator" arguments="{pagination:
> pagination,configuration:configuration}" />
> </f:if>

> <f:renderChildren arguments="{contentArguments}" />
> <f:if condition="{configuration.insertBelow}">
>      <f:render section="paginator" arguments="{pagination:
> pagination,configuration:configuration}" />
> </f:if>

this ^ is from news-template?

> And then in the TS-template:
>
> page {
>    10 = FLUIDTEMPLATE
>    10 {
>        variables {
>          someGlobalVar=TEXT
>          someGlobalVar.value=foo
>        }
>    }
> }

this ^ is global page rendering

> However, {someGlobalVar} does not print anything...
> Is there something wrong with the code or do I miss something?

variables are known only in their context. while rendering a news view
global variables are not known (except you have transfered them
explicit). It is like any partials/sections.

what variables are known you can debug with the fluid-snippet:
<f:debug title="here I know:">{_all}</f:debug>

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html