[TYPO3-english] Enable browsing to a subfolder of Typo3 install?

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Sat Oct 25 12:00:59 CEST 2014

25.10.2014 12.39, damien mesnager kirjoitti:
> Hello everyone,
> very new to Typo3 and kind of lost, i think it has to deal with realurl
> but i'm not even sure.
> I have a website using typo3 in my root folder /www/
> I need to install files that have nothing to do with typo3 in a
> subdirectory, say /www/new/, and be able to browse those files.
> The problem is when i type h**p://mydomain/new/ i get a nice message
> from typo3 " Error! Reason: Segment "new" was not a keyword for a
> postVarSet as expected!"
>
> Is there any simple way to bypass this behavior of Typo3 that will
> simply let me live my life with subfolders on my server ? :-)

I think you need to edit your .htaccess file that is in the site root.

There is this line that tells not to rewrite some folders/files:

RewriteRule
^(typo3/|t3lib/|fileadmin/|typo3conf/|typo3temp/|uploads/|favicon\.ico)
- [L]

Add your own to this line. (BTW this is an older install, so check your
.htaccess the current one.)

--
Kind regards,
Katja Lampela