[TYPO3-english] Uncaught exception in Extension Manager

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Oct 24 12:27:40 CEST 2014

Hi all,

> As far as I could see, only two extensions had a requirement on
> "static_info_tables". I have tried toying with the version numbers in
> their respective ext_emconf.php, but to no avail.

I found the culprit.

In my installation's current state_info_tables can be updated from 6.1.0
to 6.1.2. It is thus added to the EM's list of updatable extension.

sr_language_menu is also updatable, from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6. But
sr_language_menu has a dependency on static_info_tables (which it didn't
have before). And its requirement is static_info_tables 6.0.4 to
6.0.99). The EM resolves that requirement by deciding to fetch the
latest fitting version of state_info_tables, i.e. 6.0.10. Since it is
already trying to fetch 6.1.2, it generates the previously mentioned
exception.

If that exception were caught, the EM would still be usable... It is
obviously impossible to catch each and every exception, but I think that
things like BE modules should have a generic try/catch block early in
their structure and channel exceptions to flash messages.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch