[TYPO3-english] Re: tesseract

Daniel Davis dan at danizen.net
Wed Oct 22 22:31:52 CEST 2014

Tesseract possibly deserves its own forum.   But since we have this recent thread, I will add to it.

My users want to see UL menus based on categories, similar to what I can do by using
HMENU { special = categories... } or simply the back-end content element for same.

But, they want to see not just the title, but the creation date:

I am just getting started with Tesseract, but this complex SQL doesn't work:

SELECT pages.uid, pages.title, pages.crdate FROM pages
JOIN sys_category_record_mm ON sys_category_record_mm.uid_foreign = pages.uid
JOIN sys_category ON sys_category.uid = sys_category_record_mm.uid_local
WHERE sys_category.t3ver_state != -1 AND sys_category.title = 'News';

P.S. - I tried the News extension, and I didn't like that News items had to be separate objects embedded into a page rather than simply being pages with snippet content, and other content.   If there is a better way to do what I want, by all means let me know.

--
Daniel Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor),
Office of Computer and Communications Systems, National Library of Medicine, NIH