[TYPO3-english] Cache settings dilemma

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Tue Oct 21 20:16:18 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I have a large site which contains about 120 news plugin records. Now if a user
edits a news record, I want to clear the cache for all pages containing news.

Of course this is possible with clearCacheCmd = 6,13,18,234,...
but this has the nasty side-effect that for every change a huge list is added to
the syslog:

User loek has cleared the cache (cacheCmd=3089)
User loek has cleared the cache (cacheCmd=2974)
User loek has cleared the cache (cacheCmd=2962)
...etc, 120 times...

Since the editors are working on these newsitems all day, this will make the
syslog table fill up too fast and making it hard to find anything sensible in there.

For this reason, I have now set clearCacheCmd = pages, but that is of course not
optimal either.

Anyone with a good idea?

Thanks,
Loek