[TYPO3-english] Re: Force TYPO3 to always process images

ian excedo ian at webian.it
Tue Oct 21 10:18:25 CEST 2014

Thank you Nemanja for your answer.

I know the power of Typoscript image manipulation ;) but sometimes a Typoscript setup is not enough to force the process of the original image.
Usually this is the case when the editor upload an image with pixel dimensions smaller or equal to the max set with Typoscript then the original image is used.

I use to instruct the editors to upload jpg images saved with maximum quality (100) cause then the jpg artifact of the compression is practically nonexistent. Then I set TYPO3 to processes the image with a quality of ~80 that it's a good compromise for the web. If the editor upload an already 80 compressed image then the compression would be applied twice: original + TYPO3 with bad results.

The problem with this workflow is that if TYPO3 uses the original image than this is too big for the web because of its 100 quality and because it could also have other useless data like profiles.