[TYPO3-english] Empty pagetree for non-admin user

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Oct 21 09:44:06 CEST 2014

Am 20.10.14 18:45, schrieb Daniel Davis:
> I'm trying Typo3 CMS for the first time.   I've setup three backend
> groups - Authors, Editors, and Reviewers.   These groups all have access
> to a Staging workspace, and none of them have liveedit capabilties.
> The problem is that none of them see the pagetree - but I have created a
> mountpoint at the top level page for both the workspace and the groups.
> I'll continue playing with it, but what suggestions do you guys have for
> the problem?

you seem to have missed to set access-rights.
like a unix-system pages are assigned to an owner and an owner-group.
and also there are rights on owner, group, everyone to access (read,
write, ...) these pages.
If you have created the pages with your admin-user who belongs to no
group, your editors are 'everyone' who can not access anything of these
pages.

you may edit the ownergroup in the web->access module (recursive) so
your editors may edit these pages and content of these pages.

so you may not need to edit access-rights after each page creation you
may configure your installation in that way that each pages created in
this page tree gets this group as owner and get the correct rights set:

insert into page TS-Config:
TCEMAIN.permissions {
	// owner be_group
	groupid = 1
	// rights for owner, group, everyone:
	// enable all
	user = 31
	// edit content, show page, edit page
	group = 19
	// just show page
	everybody = 1
}

the rights are shown like:
+------------(1) show page
| +----------(2) Edit content
| | +--------(3) Edit page
| | | +------(4) Delete page
| | | | |
v x v x x

but be aware the bits are in another order and their values are:
bit (1) -> value  1
bit (2) -> value 16
bit (3) -> value  2
bit (4) -> value  4