[TYPO3-english] Extbase/Fluid running out of memory

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Mon Oct 20 21:27:04 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm running out of memory while listing about 1500 items in my Extbase
extension. The controller action is quite simple:

public function listAction() {
		$dilos = $this->diloRepository->findAll();
         $this->view->assign('byFirstletter',
$this->byFirstLetter($dilos, 'getNazev'));
	}

byFirstLetter is a method that iterates over collection and groups items
into groups by their first letter, creating multidimensional array.

Then in Fluid template I've got 2 nested foreachs and that's it. Yet,
128MB of memory is not enough and I'm hitting

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 8208 bytes) in
/data/www/.../typo3/sysext/extbase/Classes/Object/Container/Container.php on
line 121

Are there any ways how to spare some memory in Fluid template? I read
sth. about using partials, but I don't have any in the foreach, just 2
outside.

Thanks

Jan