[TYPO3-english] Re: Best practice with namespaces? Flux, VHS, etc.

Jennifer Koenig jenka13all at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 15:44:16 CEST 2014

For anyone else who has this problem, this is how I got it up and running.

first, take a look at this:

https://github.com/FluidTYPO3/fluidcontent

It references some obsolete code; however, it was helpful in setting me on the right track for the "FCE" tab to show up in the backend on page edit, with the fields I had configured. The reference I had been using (official Fluid documentation...) is full of holes.

1) I had to do the provider registration in BOTH ext_tables.php AND ext_localconf.php
2) your templates can NOT be in a subfolder named after your controller. They MUST be in Templates/Content.
3) DO NOT alter your controller to extend the fluid content abstract controller, as is recommended in the fluidcontent git reference: this will break your frontend!

I will write up a tutorial WITH SCREENSHOTS AND FILENAMES and post it by the end of tomorrow, link here. Stay tuned.