[TYPO3-english] Strange backend login problem

Nico Deblauwe nico at bluepundit.eu
Wed Oct 15 22:13:58 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I suddenly don't manage to log in any longer in the backend of my TYPO3
site (6.2.4 with bootstrap). Last week it worked, no changes were made and
suddenly it doesn't work any more. Not for the admin user, not for any
other user...

I went investigating a bit further, and tried to change my password in the
database back to the well-known joh316 [1]. Strangely, logging in still
doesn't work, and after I tried to log in, I noticed that the password in
the database is changed into "$P$CPB58KMXHinPCt/XRIio4XLh51ypHc1".

Did anyone notice this problem already? What to do? I tried first as well
flushing all cache and updating the typo3 source to 6.2.5 (hoping that if
something would be wrong with the login component that it would settle),
but this didn't work either.

Who has a clue? Thanks in advance!

Nico

[1]