[TYPO3-english] Can't change default language in multilingual site

Sinisa Mitrovic sinisa.mitrovic at avisto-eastern.com
Tue Oct 14 15:32:52 CEST 2014

Hello Ilya,

Instead of:
<languageMenu:widget.menu languages="0,1" layout="Links"
languageTitle="1" />
Try to add this in your fluid template:
<f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.langMenu" />

And in your main TypoScript add something like this:

lib.langMenu = HMENU
lib.langMenu {
         special = language
         special.value = 0,1
         special.normalWhenNoLanguage = 0
         1 = TMENU
         1 {
                         # Normal link to language that exists:
                 NO = 1
                 NO.allWrap = |*| | *  |*| |
                 NO.linkWrap = <b style="background-color : grey"> | </b>
                 NO.stdWrap.setCurrent = Russian|| English
                 NO.stdWrap.current = 1

                         # Current language selected:
                 ACT < .NO
                 ACT.linkWrap = <b style="background-color : red"> | </b>

                         # Language that is NOT available:
                 USERDEF1 < .NO
                 USERDEF1.linkWrap = <span style="background-color :
yellow"> | </span>
                 USERDEF1.doNotLinkIt = 1
         }
}