[TYPO3-english] news stream on website from mobile devices

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Oct 10 11:13:37 CEST 2014

Hi Katja,

On 2014-10-10 09:51, Katja Lampela wrote:

> Any recommendations on how to achieve this: mobile user takes photos and
> uploads them with some text (header and bodytext) without every time
> logging into TYPO3 backend. Kind of sharing, but to own website.

An age ago we implemented such a thing for an Austrian political party
during elections. We used MMS and had to set a custom MMS proxy which is
nothing more than a HTTP server accepting POST requests.

Nowadays I would solve such a thing by simply sending an email to an
address handled by the server. The server can either extract the message
contents in realtime upon reception using ".procmailrc" and by piping
the mails into a script (similar to the direct_mail returnmail feature).
Or by some scheduler script which connects to an IMAP server and
retrieves and handles all new messages.

Another solution would be to create your own App which allows to take
photos and directly HTTP-POSTs them to some configured URL. Maybe such a
thing already exists ...

greetings,
Bernhard