[TYPO3-english] Problem with upgrade: Your browser version looks incompatible with this TYPO3 version!

Stephan Großberndt s.grossberndt at sidebysite.de
Thu Oct 9 12:34:17 CEST 2014

Hi Bert,

make sure all caches are deleted - as well in the clients browser (!)
(which version of which browser by the way?) as in typo3 (typo3temp,
typo3conf/temp_*).

If that does not work and you are only a bit into PHP debugging you can
check whats happening: It will be some kind of problem with the user
agent string the browser is sending. did the client override it?

The exception is thrown in typo3/init.php:388 if $CLIENT['BROWSER'] is
empty. $CLIENT is filled in t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php:4276 - if the
useragent does not match any of the strings $CLIENT['BROWSER'] will be
empty.

So to test it you should insert a new line 4291 (before

if ($bInfo['BROWSER']) {

) and do a

var_dump($useragent);var_dump($bInfo);

there.

Then call the login URL from the client having problems, check the
output and if you cant figure it out by yourself then post the output here.

By the way 4.5.36 should be only a first step for you now as 4.5 will
get security updates only until march of next year. So you should
consider (depending on the extensions you use) to upgrade from 4.5 LTS
to 6.2 LTS.

Regards,
Stephan