[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.1 on Windows Server - cant log in

Lieuwe Hummel l.hummel at youwe.nl
Tue Oct 7 16:28:43 CEST 2014

Hi List,

Currently, I'm working on a TYPO3 6.1 project which is hosted on a
Windows Server. My issue is that I can not login onto the frontend nor
the backend. The install tool is ok, I can log in, perform a database
compare, create admin user, etc.
When I log in into the backend, TYPO3 tells me "Your login atempt did
not succeed" although my password is correct. After investigating, I
noticed that I receive a session cookie, I see an entry in the sys_log
table stating that I've successfully logged in. But an entry in the
be_sessions table is missing.

The same project on Ubuntu hosting (Test/Development) gives no issues.
Also, the same project in an earlier iteration (on TYPO3 v4.5) works
without any hassle on the same server.

Does anyone, preferably with some experience with hosting TYPO3 on
Windows, can help me with some clues? Thanks!

My environment:
Windows Server 2008 R2
IIS with NTLM auth (also tried without, no difference)
PHP 5.4.21
MySQL 5.5.34
TYPO3 6.1.11
Tried IE8, IE11, FF